Wednesday 10 March 2010

Backseat driving me up the wall

I was happy to see the 17 new modernised Arriva buses parade from Liverpool to Southport this week but slightly gutted when I found out that they hadn’t sectioned off and soundproofed the backseats.

After the morning rush for work - leaving the house with a burnt piece of toast and your tie undone, it should be a nice pleasant journey through to Southport with the sun glinting through the window, but what you get is a much different story.

Can someone please tell the 16-year-old WAG-to-be that always sits behind me talking on the phone first thing in the morning that;

A: I don’t want to know the ins and outs of the arguments between her and her mother


B: Saying ‘like’ after every third word in a sentence grits on everyone around her (seriously you can hear the tuts) - and -


C: Playing dance music aloud on your phone is inconsiderate - you can get headphones in Poundland and if I wanted to hear a bunch of repetitive electronic bleeps I would put my foot through my neighbours car windscreen.


Also how strange is it that people go out of their way not to sit next to someone else on buses.

I watched a grandma yesterday not a day younger than 80, hobble her arthritis-ridden legs to the back of the bus just to find an unoccupied seat.

Honestly what could they be scared of? Sex offenders? Thieves? - I don't think so, these new buses have 6 cunningly hidden cameras (try to spot them!)

No comments:

Post a Comment